Press Release – GB3JV is on the air!
Petts Wood, 6th October 2019
Justin, G8YTZ is delighted to announce that the from 14:50 on 6th October 2019 the GB3JV Amateur TV repeater took to the air in beacon mode. The new repeater is located in Petts Wood, Kent. It transmits on 3404MHz, The Tx antenna is a slotted waveguide design and gives the station and ERP of 150 Watts. Receiver Inputs are available on 2440MHz and 1249MHz and the repeater output is streamed on the BATC Web Site.
To receive the repeater all that’s required is a tuneable DVB-S2 Satellite Receiver, or a BATC Minitiouner, a small dish and a C-Band LNB. Coverage predictions show reception possibilities across the heavily populated area of South-East & East London as well as parts of Essex.
Justin would especially like to thank Noel Matthews G8GTZ for his help in obtaining the NoV, Bob Dunne for his help in acquiring the site and members of the Bromley & Distract Amateur Radio Society, Gareth G4XAT, Andy G4WGZ and Mortimer Group for the site facilities.
- Tx Frequency: 3404MHz @ 2000 kS/s
- Power: 15 Watts (150 Watts ERP)
- Modulation Schema: DVB-S2, QPSK, FEC 3/4
- Multiplex, 1 x HD and later, 1 x SD channels
- Tx Antenna: Slot/Horizontal polarisation 14dBi gain
- Rx/Input 2440 MHz 2000 kS/s QPSK FEC 3/4
- Coming soon: Rx on 1249MHz (23cm) and 437MHz (70cm)
- Rx Antennas: 2 x Flat panel 9dBi gain (Diversity) pointing W & NE
- Output (coming soon) on the BATC Web Stream: https://batc.org.uk/live/gb3jv